Happy New Year! It’s hard to believe that 2015 has begun.
Because we’re at the start of a new year, I thought you might like to learn what the commercial landscaping industry predictions are for 2015. They forecast:
- Gardens which have become an extension of ourselves, in that it reflects our personality and life style, will continue to become more casual. Upgrading our backyards by adding outdoor fireplaces/fire pits, installing pavers, and covered patios will be high on the project list for many homeowners.
- A push for higher standards, including services by others and better products with emphasis on being environmentally friendly and safe, especially for our children and pets.
- Increased emphasis on preservation – less “clear and build” as we so often see in Florida, and more on preserving historic sites and our trees and forests.
- A continued push for maintaining a sustainable and healthy life style by using more organic products and establishing more local food sources.
- A rise in new consumer groups, especially those ages 18 – 35, many of whom want to grow their own food.
- A push to review and upgrade local landscape ordinances to allow homeowners to be able to raise chickens/bees and reduce the size of their lawn area.
- A continued growth in container gardening, including hydroponics.
- More natural landscaping.
How many of these predictions will actually occur? Let’s wait and see.